We are seeking an experienced Java developer to join the PSG Front Office Technology team. The individual will work as part of the global development team, which is spread across 4 MSIM sites. The individual will help the team design, develop a modern technology stack to power our digital platforms aimed unlocking efficiencies for our Investment Teams. As a front office developer, the individual will also work closely with the PSG team to solve operational problems and design strategic solutions to coalesce disparate data streams into a cohesive analytic picture.
We Work With The Following Technologies
- SpringBoot micro-services
- Distributed caching
- Data Streaming
The right candidate has (Responsibilities);
- Designing and developing modern and modular web applications using modern coding and testing standards.
- Participating in our agile ceremonies and actively driving towards the team’s goals.
- Working independently using modern software development practices.
- Working collaboratively with a global team of technologists.
- Leading with ideas and innovation.
- Managing communication and partnering with our end users (Sustainability team) to design solutions.
Required Experience: 5 to 7 yrs
- At least 5 years’ experience developing enterprise JAVA/Scala applications.
- Solid experience designing web-based components.
- Solid experience writing unit, component and integration tests.
- Solid experience working with relational database.
- Experience working with microservices and distributed systems.
- Experience working with Python
- Experience with C# a plus
- Experience working directly with end users.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and various financial instruments with a focus on Equities.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.